Week 3: Online Meeting
I watched a presentation by Laura Soloman on Open office.org. The title sounded interesting but the presentation was about a completely different subject then I envisioned. It was about a a comparison of Microsoft Office products and Open office products. The presenter did a very good job explaning and answering questions posed by the original participants. The information was interesting, straight forward, and easy to follow. I was intrigued by the fact that this was a free product, but I am not sure it would meet our needs in an academic library.
I think seminars, and online meetings are a great resource and will be used more and more in the future. For those libraries that have been hit by reduced budgets,(and what library hasn't) it makes sense to pool resources, and to collaborate so that more and more clients have access to the same information. This lets us be life long learners in the comfort of our own libraries. The added bonus, no travel funds, no rescheduling necessary, and when the material is archived each client can watch the information at their own convenience.
I will be attending a live session in a couple of weeks about Library Ethics.
would not be making the decision on the usage of products in our library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment