My obstacles in reaching most of my goals for life-long learning are either time or lack of energy.
My original goal was to go to the Conference in Madison Wisconsin by myself.
Some of the pitfalls were fear of driving to the airport , and flying for the first time by myself. I was afraid I wouldn't know what to do if I missed my connecting flights. This stressed me out.
Some of the tools I used to get over my fear were the weather website, airport website about personal travel tips, which included maps of economy parking places, and personal interviews with my niece who travels in and out of Kansas City all the time.
Some of the resources I used was the Conference Brochures, Conference website, personal email address of organizer, and sought personal tips from my niece on what to do in case of an emergency. I carried my cell phone in my purse along with information of my hotel room and travel agency in case I needed to contact them about missed flights and different arrival times.
I also visited with the flight attendant upon boarding the airplane.
To make my path as easy as possible and to eliminate stress, I (1) Checked on hotel reservations and ended up making my own since that had not been done previosly. (2) Confirmed my flights and intiniary. (3) Confirmed my pre-registration at the conference. (4) Gathered pertinent numbers for the hotel, travel agency, and conference organizer in case there were missed connections on flights. (4) Made sure everyone knew that I would be away from work so that my hours would be covered.
I relied on my common sense, intelligence, and confidence. I made the trip by myself without any major problems. I was very proud of myself.
My goal is to learn something new everyday. I don't need to make it complicated by setting up goals, choosing a tool box, gathering resources, or determining a path. I am just open to the possibilities which usually turn into opportunities.
Lesson completed kathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so proud of you. This is wonderful. You have done a great job. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment